On Tuesday I walked 20km with no fainting, kept myself adequately fuelled, hydrated and fully enjoyed my time in the sun. This is a pretty big achievement when you consider that not so long ago, back when my health was so terrible that simply walking could be at times…
I imagine that sometime after the 24th May I will follow this post up with a “How I Really Should Have Prepared for My Snowboarding Lessons” type of entry, detailing all the things that I missed out or how I should better have focused my energy,…
In order to make the best use of the long summer I have coming up, I need to decide on exactly what I want to achieve in my time off and how I’m going to get there. I know in myself that an empty and lonely summer is not going to be good for my mental health, and that the best way to keep myself positive is to keep myself busy.
The obvious thing from this blog is that I will be snowboarding, however there will be a lot of time when I’m not and during this time I need to be creating, learning, getting healthy and generally staying occupied. So, after much thought I have decided on my goals in multiple different areas of my life, and I’m hoping that I will be able to somehow pin these in the sidebar so that as my summer journey progresses you will be able to watch me cross them off.
So, without further ado, here are my goals and tasks for over the summer:
HEALTH AND FITNESS
- Complete beginners snowboarding course
- Complete Couch to 5k programme
- Regain ability to do the splits
- Read one book related to classical music
- Read eight books related to classical music
- Complete half of the Duolingo Spanish course.
- Learn Dorian scales (2 octaves)
- Learn Phrygian scales (2 octaves)
- Learn Lydian scales (2 octaves)
- Organise college work from the last year into folders and prepare for the next year.
- Release two EPs
- Do a live performance
- Do four live performances
- Set up website and resume activity on main blog
- One music video uploaded
- Four music videos uploaded
- Have promotional photos taken
- Have business cards made
- Complete project for the Amy Johnson Festival
- Release a poetry zine
Perhaps this seems like an awful lot of things to do in 12 weeks, but I don’t think it will be impossible.
As far as getting my health back under control, I am leaving that for another post on another day – the post where I will also explain how I will be beginning to prepare for my snowboarding lessons.